Saturday 15 June 2019

FIW and Classical Ancients

Well here is buy one get one free - as I paid for them with defeats dearly, hahah!

French-Indian Wars (15mm, Rebels & Patriots):
We decided to put Mikes 15mm FIW collection to the test, me and his son Alex playing the Brits, while he umpired and Campbell and Bart were playing the French and Indians.

Well what turned out to be a disaster soon, was still enjoyable. Bart did get the Indians and used them as a steam roller against my feeble Brits and didn't let me near the wooden huts (scenario objective) - but I wiped them off board for this insufferable affront ... but it didn‘t change the outcome - we were beaten. And yes maybe the Indians are, just a tiny wee bit too strong ... and I miss my closing fire, the firing lines seem to be as effective as your usual common American open order rabbles ... but that is just me .. whining on high neveau ... (horse noise) ...

--------------------
Classical Ancients, (28mm, To the Strongest):

Me (Classical Greeks) and Peter (Macedonian Greeks) were facing the Romans (Campbell, Alisdair and Bart (a mix of times) on a straight board, what could go possibly go wrong! Aces, I tell you, Aces they were everywhere! Most re-occuringly in mine and Peters card stash it seemed!

The Romans proceeded and Even if Bart got stuck a bit and for a second it seemed I could just hold while Peter would trash Campbell ... Peter just got annihilated! I don't know how, can‘t be Campbell's tactical experience, he isn‘t used to that, yes you guess right a lot of aces on Peter ...

Well then again I stood in my second TTS game with an disintegrated flank there against a bunch of Romans fro the future. The only interesting thing would be how long it would take them to take me down now ... a quarter to ten they did, pulled the last phalanx off the table ...

Next time we need to mix these pesky Romans, TTS seem to be written just for them! I need a roman flank that does not dissapear within 3 turns!




































2 comments:

  1. Lovely looking pair of games! I seemed to find a lot of aces last time I played too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain! Yes too many aces, they seem to be all the time in my stack ...

      Delete