Sunday 22 October 2017

The Samnites .....

I was invited to a Napoleonic game when  it all went apart to be replaced by a naval game of an 70ies Britishvs Islandic "Cod–wars" ... I declined ...
I went to the other table and there was a Roman vs. Samnite  – "To the strongest" game " ...

Twenty-five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of play of a game
For a destination of a tactical play
I realised quickly when I knew I should
That the world was made up of this brotherhood of geezers...
For whatever that means
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I, I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream from the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah
I said hey, what's going on?
And I say, hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah
I said hey, what's going on?
Oh, oh oh
Oh, oh oh
And I try, oh my god do I try
I try all the time, in this institution
And I pray, oh my god do I pray

I pray…






























2 comments:

  1. Nice looking Samnite game you can barely see the grid! What do you think of using it for the Italian wars?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, not so convinced with the grid ... I more like manouvering ... even in the Italian Wars ... but the attack-straight-forward-fans in the club are loving it. :)

      Delete