Monday 23 October 2017

Trafalgar day

Just as last year some of the folks met in the nearby Bowling club and set up for a Trafalgar re-fight. This time even with the British NOT all elite and the French and Spanish were classed up to normal. The Rules we used were "Kiss me Hardy" from the TFLs. The miniatures were from several club members as we had this as a club project two years ago. I was appointed British officer, but could not resist to fall back into my somewhat unsophisticated medieval tactics (ramming, boarding etc), which I guess I have to admit might have possibly contributed to the British loosing (Ship count at the end) that day. But I dare to say, I feel no shame – it was a day well spent, me enjoying giving broadsides from mostly short range as the fighting soon de-railed into a dogfight, ship against ship. 

Well, then we have to sing: Vive la France!

Some images in no particular order ...



































4 comments:

  1. Sounds great, beautiful ships and lovely photos...Epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, you Phil! Yes they are beauties indeed. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely looking game, even if it was the wrong result!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain! There is no wrong result, it just shows that Trafalgar wasn‘t a piece of cake and leaves no room for recklessness. ;)

      Delete