Saturday 10 February 2018

Potpourri of things ....

Excuse moi, I haven‘t been posting a lot lately. But that was because, I was concentrating on painting and other stuff.

So here a few samples ...

I was busy painting my 10mm Franco-Prussian contingent. I bought miniatures from a club member to built the French Guard corps, and of course, as my Prussian grenadier were running around in parade uniforms, I could not resist to buy the Italian Unification war version of the French grenadiers WITH the Bearskins, haha! I also had a dash army home grown rules for that period "The Tattered Tricoloure", where I had an idea for another set of rules, after involuntarily dabbling in Seven Year war lately, enduring lots different rules of Napoleonic complexity, I wanted to have my own ...

I was wargaming WW2, with Bart‘s 15mm German and Polish troops on one of his scenarios in the early war. Bart seems to have a fable for the same village, which I think is quite a cool thing. And yes, I played, together with Campbell, the Germans, the game was fun even though I didn‘t know anything about the rules.

Next thing was we played a board game in the club, hey! JUNTA its called and 7 people turned up (3 from the boardgames faction and 4, me included, from the miniature faction. I even had to turn another one away. That game is about a Banana republic were the players elect a president and form a junta. Full of power games corruption and stately affairs. We had consequently a lot of fun, none of the elected presidents were surviving a turn, and I even managed to break a record by changing sides in a coup (military tactical phase) that often that I escaped the wrath of the president ... unfortunately I forgot my camera ... in the end I won (25m pesos on my swiss bank account!)

Next time Thursday we will play a Renaissance game with the usual suspects, Venetians, Germans Spanish and French will hark at each other, a plain tactless matter just a forward bashing each other ... I guess the one who‘s standing last wins ...

The Germans are coming ...
... and a lot of them piling up and dying ...

... in front of these tiny Polish bridges ...
... a tactical disaster, if you think about it too much ... 
"playtesting" my new rules with adhoc tokens ...
French Guard Foot Artillery 
French Guard Foot Artillery 

Some Guard Grenadier is the making, long live the Bearskin!

The Guard Cuirassiers, Carabiners and following the Dragoons

after the Dragoons (green), the Lancer and then the Chasseurs

The new English version of an old-timer that is not for the democratically faint hearted  .... 

The cover of my FPW game adaption

an inside spread of it ... 

Cover of my new Seven Years War rules
an inside spread of it ...

and another ...

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful figures, a very impressive scale...but my best picture today is "Junta", one of my favourite games...I spent an incredible amount of time playing this awesome and original game ..."bien jugado señor"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phil, yes, junta rules! to quote a infamous German b-movie... "She kamen als Freunde und wurden zu Wurst."

      Delete
    2. So many souvenirs...and scams!

      Delete
  2. Love the bearskins, early war Germans, rules look interesting and I'm looking forward to your renaissance game!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain! Me too, it will hopefully a flat-out frontal assault straight outa Firence massacre, no subtle tactics, just charge! :)

      Delete
  3. Some updates. Figures and models are a little bigger, it is 20mm. About the Junta, I managed to survive 1.5 turn, when killed by Campbell when I tried to put money on my swiss account. Splendid game, we need to do it again.
    Your rules looks very interesting, we need to test them ASAP.

    ReplyDelete