Sunday 5 April 2020

Showcase: AWI - The British

I just thought in these isolating times my miniatures need a bit of airing too, so  decided to do a little showcase where I will go through my collection and show them off a little bit.
Enjoy!



the pickets

The whole lot that I call my own ...

the 17th Dragoons (the Death&Glory boyz)

and the camp - no sponsorship intended ...

The Camp and baggage train ...

Grasshopper

The 28th Foot and the 5th Northumbrian Fusiliers in parade outfit (little bearskin hats) 


The 7th Royal Fusiliers and the 64th Foot

The other Dragoons next to the reserve


Royal Artillery, the 49th and the 35th Foot 

the reserve, Grenadier regiment and LI

the camp again ... 

The CinC with the Grenadiers and the Light Infantry 




10 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love the beer crate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rodger! It was made in times when these were my favourite 2 beers, one Heineken and one (not clearly visible) guiness...

      Delete
  2. I would like to rest in your camp 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sowabud, yep me too, it has a certain German Gemuetlichkeit (cozyness) about it.

      Delete
  3. It's a very good idea to give air to the figures, from time to time. In normal times we would just make a game for them. However, special times needs special actions. Hessians next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bart, agreed it could be the Hessians ... it could be the Americans ... or something completely different!

      Delete
  4. Handsome units and camp!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil! Yes, I think a camp and a baggage train is a tremendously good investment for a war gamer ... the scenarios will get so much more flair! :)

      Delete
  5. Nice figures, at first I didn’t catch meaning of sponsorship and then the one commenter mentions love the beer crate, and I’m like isn’t that a cask on the wagon. So looked a little closer and was like OMG! That is awesome, well done:)

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kevin! Yes, It's the small things in life isn't it?

      Delete