Tuesday 20 November 2018

"Seven Years" wargame rule set published!

Well it took some time, and maybe even this will be just version 1.0, (upgrades in the future not entirely in the realm of the impossible). It was designed to be simple (but not too simplistic) with an easy to remember system (that fits onto an A4 double sided play sheet - so that you can roll a dice or hold beverages at the same time) that is easy enough to explain to "beginners" and "veterans" alike, a typical club night you might say. Though it has optionals for scenario add-ons and "National differentiators" and I‘m sure there is room for further development, if people like things more complex ...

No animals other than some of my wargaming chaps from the SESWC were harmed (mentally) in the process.

In the pages section there is a link to the lulu.com site. Its a straight black and white A4 print with the play sheet being one of the last spreads within the book, ‘cause a separate or attached laminated and printed play sheet would have been too expensive (for my taste). I'm still yet to receive the test print from Lulu, so I can't tell anything about the print quality or delivery time ... and anybody: in case there is an issue ... please contact the chaps from lulu.com and not me! I just put it out there in case somebody is interested. And no, its just the hard copy, not the PDF.

I had fun designing it (the game as well as the brochure), as it was primarily designed for my or the club fellows needs. And I simply don‘t care if it not 100% depicts the flavour of the time or there is some special extra shooshoo etc. bla bla bla – shut up and design your own then! 

... as my aunty always said, you can always argue about taste, but before you do, you first has to have it ...

P.S. and yes maybe it will spawn into other eras - maybe the Franco-Prussian War? ... who knows, watch this space ...

First side of the playsheet

The cover 
The index


some example illustrating support and multiple units combat

The movement rules with example illustrations

the command phase (exerpt)

The Intro 
aaand THE maaap, huzzah!


4 comments:

  1. Well done sir! Highly recommended rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir! Will bring them in maybe later at the AGM this Thursday I got too much Pikes to carry :)

      Delete
  2. Well done, not my period, but well done for just getting it done, looks great too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete