Thursday 12 September 2024

1941 - End of September - a clear sky, robust machines and no clue what to do with them ...

It was Blood Red Skies time again ... and I wanted to out my freshly painted Heinkels and Junkers on the table, PLUS it was also the first time for my FokkeWulf 190... against Tims and Barts Hurricanes, Spitfires and Mosquitos - what could go possibly go wrong?

On the wrong side of history was me and Alisdair, while Tim and Bart fought for a free Britain. We ze germans had to cross a long side of 8x6 AND Bomb two targets ( I wanna see Tim doing that... ;) ) while the British just had to shoot down bombers (haha! which they did, but just one and only because Tim did all the preparation for Bart ...)

We, errm had no plan, which isn't unusual, but explains a lot. We just advanced until we clashed. Then my fighter Ace Pip Priller, or something, shot a Mosquito down! Huzzah! But on the other side Alisdairs 4 plane FW190 squadron was taken out by Tim and Bart... he didn't had a chance, mainly because wasn't an expert in the rules... and off you go, one flanking guard gone.

Out of time reasons we had to close. everybody was moaning about the size of the table was preventing us from the real dogfight, but I would argue a bit more preparation and less squadrons would handle that quite well. I guess more than two squadrons are difficult to handle, so extra points to Alisdair for managing that!!!

A well earned British victory in the end, and next time we will try to incorporate the doctrine cards/ and or theatre cards. Maybe we do a night fighter scenario with my Ju88s, stay tuned!



The Luftwaffe at the start



The RAF at the start

The Polish Hurricanes


The bombers are coming!


The FW190s

Against the Mosquitos

And in the background the rest vs Alisdair

The "Bomber salad" in the centre

which had difficulties separating

And the battle of the unknown island

Short before the clash

Alisdairs FW squadron goes down ...

Prepping my Mosquito target

they are VERY robust ...

Clashes in the middle

And then I had my shot!!!

The mosquito went up in flames ...

No comments:

Post a Comment