Monday 20 August 2018

Timere Danaos, et gaudium ferentes!!!


... because my 28mm ancient greek army is growing stronger ...! So beware!



The Thessalonian Riders, an ancient version of the Stradioiti of some sort ...

The cavalry of the Spartans ... less famous ...

The Spartan High Command 


The Delian counterpart

An Delian Sub-commander with a flute player
another Delian Sub-commander with guard

The Devils of Ithaka, stones lingers

The 1st Delian phalanx

The 2nd Delian phalanx

The 3rd Delian phalanx

The back line of the 3rd Delian 
The back line of the 4th Delian



4 comments:

  1. So many gems in a single army, absolutly supern! And this 1st Delian phalanx is so spectacular, no ennemy can resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you, Phil! And indeed, against popular belief (or local club superstition) it won the 1st game (against Romans, To The Strongest) ...

      Delete
  2. Great looking hoplites! Lovely shields,I hope you enjoyed Tts.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, well I can‘t say I haven‘t can I ? I just now need to paint the rest and the other opponent ... the Spartans ...

      Delete