Thursday 30 August 2018

1758 right after Hochkirchheimhausen near Hesse-Cassel

We decided to give my Seven Years War rules ("Seven Years") another go. 28mm, my AWI Brits and Hessians against Angus‘ Frenchies. This time Bart (Brits and CinC) and Mike (centre brigade) and me flank (Hessians) were fighting for the allies, while Angus (centre), Mark (left French flank) and Alistair (right French flank) were fighting for the Bourbons.

After initial running up, the fight fast closes in around the centre village and the left (Barts) flank. Lots of shots and enfilades were exchanged and Bart did one or more of his famous charges ... but at the end he gave all command dice (the staff officers) to me and said here, you must decide the battle ... so I guess in the end it didn't went that well.

On my side I had Alistair in a good check, as we both agreed that we were the defensive part of the battle field. So for a long time apart from moving no charges happened. Until proposed a (typical German all or nothing move) to split the command chain of the French into two ... it was mildly successful ... but not for longer than one turn ... so really not ... in the end ...

...and then after a time Bart said I had to attack to "turn the tide" ... to prevent a draw... well you can guess, I routed an infantry with a light Artillery attached, that detachment was a kill (as Artillery break when they are routed) ...hsmmfhh ...

So we agreed on a draw ... as our lines really looked not so much sustainable in the long run.
But the BUA test was good and successful, and the reception gets better and better.

Maybe I should think about getting the PDF at some time ... ;)



My cavalry and the centere Hessian Brigades

Barts flank the British Brigade, the British Cavalry(allied) and the British Gun Battery

Opposite of Bart Mark‘s French cavalry and two Brigades

the other French Brigades under Alaistair‘s command

Hochkirchheimhausen under French attack

The Lines are close in

Angus‘ Hanoveranians on French side (???)

The Frontline clashes along the middle of the "Dorf"

"Built-up-Areas" were heavily tested today

The Rhinelanders are gonna get it ...

Full close up volley ...

my va-banque move didn't split the command trail of the French and my Cavalry had to retreat ...routed ....

The Dorf was the centre of heavy fights

... still 2 of 3 houses were in our hands ...

The volleys got more intense ... 
.. suddenly I got only one Cavalry unit left ... ups ...

8 comments:

  1. Splendid and impressive lines of battle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I hope there will be more .... lines and all of that ...

      Delete
  2. Great looking game! Lots of lovely figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain! Yep, we getting there, we aregetting there ...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal! It was indeed, next time I will beat the French/or Rhinelanders ... :)

      Delete
  4. Where can I buy the rules and the miniatures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the rules are about to be published (homemade) and the miniatures are foremost Perry miniatures

      Delete