Thursday 20 July 2017

More Renaissance!!! Aut picturae, aut nihil!

Nothing much going on in the club as some crusaders and some WW2 so ... As promised, some of my latest Renaissance try at a somewhat Borgia body guard, which I envisaged as some sort of highly over fitted sword and buckler man with Borgia "heraldry" (oxymoron as they just invented themselves) much of a style mix between War of the Roses fashion and the new Landsknecht (Northern renaissance) influences. The miniatures are from the Perry Brothers, the flags and the shield design are by myself and the buildings are from the late but great Michael Scott available on the forthcoming CLAYMORE here in Edinburgh on the 5th of August ... see you there!







6 comments:

  1. THey look superb...and so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phil! Yeah, I'm not a disciple of the whole lot of medieval colour toned down thing at all. :)

      Delete
  2. They look fantastic, I love the shields are they print outs stuck on or painted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I wish I could say they were painted ... they are printed. Thanks for the compliment.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic looking guard unit, I love the flags too really nicely done, I think I like the drummer best.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Iain! Yes, the drummer and the trumpeteer, are the ones, I like the most.

      Delete