Wednesday 13 October 2021

Torpedo fun, WW1 and new grenadiers and landsknechte ...

Apologies upfront this is a bit of a mix, as lately I was busy working! (yeah, almost forgot what that feels like ...) 

First the previous club game which was the second test of my Guns of August WW1 test game. we went until February 1915 and had some fun with offensives at the eastern front. The simplified supply system works a treat, so we will keep that for the grand campaign. The boys also learned the rules (the few there is) so I guess that was successfull as well. Maybe we could kick off the grand campaign with a Sunday game on end of November?

Then the last club game: A WW2 small vessel naval game, narrow seas, Campbell introduced into the club. Me playing some Americans, Campbell some British while Bart was defending the fortress europa. I just went in very speedy and was very lucky not to be shredded to pieces, while I managed actually to sink a big transporter with a torpedo!!! (me being the German at the table...). The rules seem to be less complicated and the damage track system is easy and comprehensible - and it has speed, torpedoes and you can ram or collide - what else do you need more for a good naval game?


Also from last post the super scrimpers from ebay didn‘t want to pay me for my efforts  of painting my landsknechts sooo, I will keep them, as the dogma goes, one can never have enough of them...

And last but not least I finally finished my Austrian Seven Years Army by finishing the last German grenadier unit - the box is full.


All quiet on the western front? Never!

Brest-Litovsk has fallen

Campbell conquered Monte-Negro

Romania advanced until Odessa

And the Russians are in retreat

Battles in the Karparthians ...

and Bulgaria joined the central powers

And the British take Antwerp

The Germans and  Italians come in ...

The Americans hunt them followed by the Brits

Veni, vidi and shot a lot of torpedoes ...

somebody shot back

But the torpedoes are on their way

my amis in the thick of it

but my first two torpeodes seem to be duds ...

lost of fire fighting

and more fire ighting





In principle we the allies get a lot of metal

but we manoeuvered the Germans into a position where they collided with them selves

but they were too efficient to sink them selves ...

then another opportunity for my last torpedos ...

aaaand its on the right track

and it hits ...

and it explodes ...

and sunk the damn transporter, no sausages for Rommel anymore!


Landsknechte, based and included into my army



The Austrian Infantry box ... now full



 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely looking naval game and the landsknechts in their rightful place!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iain! Exactly, one can never have enough landsknechts.

      Delete