Thursday 4 November 2021

2in1: Some Waterloo and the big Sunday game Renaissance, ECW, FK&P

2in1 this time ...

FIRST: the Waterloo board game from 1980, International games/Simulation games of the same - Me and Alisdair played the British fending off a overachieving Napoleon played by Bart.
It didn‘t looked good for the allies to cut it short, just as well (or worse) the French guns did with our infantry. Even before the Prussians arrived. We would have 3 or 4 turns of fit and aggravated French outnumbering us by the turn(s) ...

We sadly had to end because we were running out of time, so not even the Prussians were able to arrive to remedy the situation (if they would be able to...). A clear French victory - Congratulations, Bart! 

---------------

SECOND: the 28mm big Sunday club game, English Civil War, rule set - For King&Parliament;
It was a feast on a very long table - due to IT issues I was first drafted to fight for the Crown, then they tried to "shanghay" me into Westminster lines, but in the end decided to fight for the ones with the better hair cuts. Besides I was able to play with a LOT of cavalry - what else do you need more?

I was on the royals right hand side and opposing me was Alisdair with some Scottish lancers and some horses, already outnumbered behind some stonewall fences. The King‘s plan was I just advance around the church and defeat the Parliaments horse and then we swoop up.

I must say Alisdair gave a very brave account of himself and every Scottish horse delayed my cavalier army a turn more. But in the end he had to give as I had the bigger numbers. - In the end a crushing victory for the crown!

Nonetheless I think I earned at least 12 coins for the King, who turned out was as usually very unthankful, hurting my cavalier honour, saying that my advance was too slow!! I guess the next time will have to throw my hat into for the parliamentarian cause. Let heads roll! ;)


























2 comments: