Friday 5 November 2021

Sudan! The British are coming!

Mike was back again with his absolute wonderful 15mm collection of the Sudan War and a good old colonial slaughter scenario with the Osprey title " The Men who would be Kings" as a rule set.  

I opted for the Mad Mullah together with Peter and Alisdair. An old friend had actually a band called "the Mad Mullahs", so I simply had to. Bart went for the British just because he had a red coat on and Campbell fell in love with the Egyptians and I guess Mike helped him. In hindsight that might be debatable.

So we diced out the "Search and Destroy" - scenario: with the infidels coming onto the village, while we were defending it. "A steel walking sheep with my head full of napalm" wasn‘t exactly the way I felt about the tactical situation, as I had two units of tribal cavalry and some tribal men armoured only with sticks and stones - so I decided NOT to attack Bart redcoats frontally, but to sway to the other flank and attack Campbells Egyptians!

Because Alisdair had shot them back to Cairo two turns before, believe it or not - and I wanted a piece of that! So after my first horse unit was shot  out of their saddles, my second managed to attack into the nile allies.

As Bart just waited outside and killed some units off the roofs, I guess, we won the battle, because at the end, we still had the village. The British had one(?) unit lost and the Egyptians were dead or on their way home. Responsibilities (for the desatrous colonial) outcome would be as usual thrown back and forth between the usual culprits.  As we all agreed we had a lot of fun and that it was the Egyptians by default who would be responsible for the defeat.





















2 comments:

  1. Love the immersive and gorgeous terrain/buildings, sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phil! Yes, Mikes collection is fabulous! :)

      Delete